General Conditions for Use
Commercial Sale of Admission Tickets
The commercial resale of admission tickets is not allowed without the express prior agreement of the respective Bavarian State Theatre. Access authorization to a performance can only be acquired through the purchase of a ticket, which has been acquired either directly from the respective State Theatre, from the Central Ticket Service of the Bavarian State Theatres or from a third party with the prior agreement of the respective State Theatre.
The resale of tickets without intent to make a profit is unaffected by this regulation. The Bavarian State Theatres are entitled to refuse to supply tickets to persons who deal commercially in tickets without prior agreement or who make such tickets available to such persons.
The Bavarian State Theatres accept no responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from other ticket vendors or for their services or prices.
Conditions for Use of the Bavarian State Theatres
Notification from the Bavarian State Ministry of Science, Research and Art
as of June 8, 2006, No. XII/2-K 1445.3-12/2 875
§ 1 Scope
(2) The conditions for use apply likewise to events at the Bavarian “August Everding” Academy in the Prinzregententheater.
§ 2 Attendees, Admission
(2) Only the official weekly or monthly performance schedules of the State Theatres displayed on the poster columns and at the theatres themselves contain the authoritative curtain times for the performances. The theatres reserve the right to make changes at short notice.
(3) As a rule, the theatres are opened one hour prior to the beginning of the performance.
(4) For safety reasons and out of consideration for the participating artists and other members of the audience, latecomers can only be admitted to the auditorium during an appropriate intermission.
§ 3 Admission Prices
(2) Ticket prices cover the fee for the use of the check room facilities, as well as the use of all MVV public transportation vehicles on the performance day, if so indicated in print on the ticket, in accordance with the applicable special stipulations, regardless of whether not the attendee makes use of these extra services.
(3) The ticket price specifically does not cover the cost of the theatre program, librettos and similar goods or services.
(4) Attendees are not permitted to take any other seat than the one indicated on the ticket. Should there be a change of seat, the attendee can be charged for the difference in price, or the attendee can be removed from this seat or from the performance. (cf. § 14, Para 3).
§ 4 Tickets
Regulations at variance with these can be stipulated for special performances (e.g. festival performances, festival weeks, performances of the “Ring”, performances on major holidays, inter alia) as well performances at the Bavarian “August Everding” Theatre Academy in the Prinzregententheater.
(2) The consignment of tickets made available for box office sales and for telephone and on-line orders is dependent in particular on the contractual obligations entered into by the State Theatres with subscribers and audience organizations.
(3) Tickets are delivered on receipt of payment, and/or assurance of payment (by credit card, bank transfer, etc.)
(4) Tickets once sold cannot be returned for refund. This specifically applies in cases of cast changes. When the work to be performed is changed, tickets can be returned prior to the beginning of the performance. Should the work to be performed be changed or the performance cancelled, it is possible to return tickets within a period of seven days following the original performance date.
(5) Should the performance be discontinued, the admission charge will only be refunded if the performance had not reached the end of the first half. Refund claims must be made within a five day period from the date of performance.
§ 5 Written Sale
(2) Should the quantity of tickets ordered by mail exceed the consignment for this purpose, the release of tickets per order for the respective performance may be limited. The same applies to performances of an especially popular work given in close time proximity to one another. In such cases orders received will be distributed by raffle.
(3) If the order contains no credit card number (with validity date) or bank collection authorization, an invoice will be issued. The issuance of this invoice serves as a binding guarantee for the tickets listed therein. The amount invoiced must be credited to the daytime box office within the time limit indicated on the invoice. Otherwise the tickets may be distributed to other parties.
(4) The tickets will be mailed to the person ordering them at his or her own risk. If expressly requested, or in cases where on-time postal delivery should prove impossible, the tickets can be picked up at the box office (at the earliest at the beginning of box office sales for this performance) or, following pre-payment, at the evening box office for this performance. When picking up tickets paid for with a credit card, the credit card and an identification document must be shown.
(5) A handling charge per ticket will be levied for tickets ordered by mail.
§ 6 Box Office Sales
(2) Ticket distribution can be limited in accordance with § 5 Para. 2. Shortly before the beginning of box office sales, numbers may be given by the box office to persons waiting in line (or others taking their place). These persons will then be served at the box office in the order of those numbers.
(3) Disabled persons and pregnant women are entitled to preferential treatment.
§ 7 Telephone Sales
(2) If no credit card number or bank account is given at the time of a telephone order, this order will not be binding until the invoice has been paid in full.
The tickets must be paid for at the daytime box office by the time indicated, at the latest, however, on the day before the performance. Tickets not paid for in time can be distributed to other parties.
(3) § 5 Para. 4 and Para 5 apply accordingly.
§ 8 On-line sales
(2) Payment of tickets ordered on-line can only be effected by credit card or bank debit authorization (not for placement of first-time orders). Gift and subscription vouchers cannot be redeemed for on-line orders.
Discounted tickets cannot be ordered on line.
(3) § 5 Para. 4 and Para 5 apply accordingly.
§ 9 Data Protection
(2) The personal data acquired during the first order as well as later changes made in the course of subsequent orders will be utilized and stored exclusively for the processing of the order. Processing of an order specifically refers to the placement of reservation, booking and payment, and in cases of postal dispatch the shipment of all documents to the stipulated delivery address and, where applicable, to the processing of cancellations and refunds.
(3) The customer declares his or her agreement to having his or her data stored electronically and processed for the purpose of effecting payment, and, in cases of non fulfillment, having this fact entered in a locked file.
(4) Booking cannot be completed until payment of open claims has been received.
In cases of participation in the bank debit memo procedure, the seller reserves the right to check the customer’s credit worthiness.
(4) The customer declares his or her agreement, insofar as this should prove necessary in the individual case, to allow condition and utilization data to be secured, processed and utilized, should there be actual suspicion, which must be documented, for the purpose of disclosing and canceling orders placed with fraudulent intentions or any other use of services in violation of the law or contractual stipulations.
(5) In cases where the customer has specifically permitted it, in addition to being used for the completion of the order, personal data will also be utilized for the purpose of customer care. Customer care is defined as taking measures intended to supply the customer with significant information and thus further provide the customer with specific benefits. This also applies to the Bavarian State Theatres.
(6) Personal data will not, as a matter of principle, be transmitted to third parties outside the Bavarian State Theatres. External service providers, who process data on commission from the Bavarian State Theatres are strictly obligated to observe the terms and conditions of the federal data protection legislation and thus do not count as third parties under the conditions of this data protection legislation.
§ 10 Discounts on Ticket Prices
(2) School groups (school classes with supervisory faculty members) purchasing tickets by group order can reserve discounted tickets for seats and standing room. One discounted ticket will be granted to a teacher for every 20 student tickets: the teacher ticket may only be used by an actual faculty member supervising the group.
(3) University students up to 30 years of age, secondary school students as well as military and conscientious objectors performing civil service can receive discounted tickets to performances not expected to be sold out. These tickets will be distributed at the evening box office on the day of the performance. Discounted standing room tickets can also be distributed to these persons as of the first working day following the beginning of box office sales for all performances. These persons also have the option of purchasing from a limited consignment for events listed on the program as “Young Audience” performances. These tickets will be distributed two weeks before the respective performance.
(4) Children under the age of 14 are entitled to purchase discounted tickets at a unified price for events listed on the program as “Family Performances”.
(5) Beyond this, every State Theatre has the option of carrying out performancerelated discount activities on short notice.
(6) Discounted tickets can only be distributed to persons presenting the appropriate identification documents justifying the discount. Should the identification not be presented, then the difference between the discount and the full price must be paid.
§ 11 Loss of Tickets
§ 12 Check Room
(2) Once these items have been turned over, the State Theatres assume liability for deliberate and grossly negligent conduct. This liability is limited to the current value of the checked item and may not exceed 500 A.
(3) The loss or damage of checked items or the loss of a coat check must be immediately reported to the check room personnel. Checked items can only be turned over to attendees who can credibly prove to be the entitled recipient.
In cases where the coat check is lost, a suitable payment may be exacted to replace it.
§ 13 Lost and Found
(2) The loss of objects should be reported to the building superintendents or ticket takers.
§ 14 House Rules, Prohibition of Picture and Sound Recordings
(2) Attendees and other persons who interfere with ticket sales, especially by attempting to offer or resell tickets privately inside or outside the theatres, or annoy the audience can be removed from the building, and/or the property.
(3) Attendees can be removed during a running performance if they interrupt it, annoy other persons or take a seat for which they do not possess a valid ticket.
The use of cellphones (mobile phones) inside the auditorium is expressly prohibited.
(4) The production of picture or sound recordings of all kinds inside the auditorium is prohibited. In cases of non-compliance, the action described in the previous paragraphs will be taken.
§ 15 Consumption of Food and Beverages / Smoking
(2) Smoking is only permitted in specially designated areas inside the State Theatres.
(3) In cases of non-compliance, action can be taken as specified in § 14 Paras. 1 to 3.
§ 16 Special Regulations
§ 17 Validity Date
These conditions for use come into effect as of July 1, 2006. At the conclusion of June 30, 2006, the conditions for use set forth on December 28, 1999 are herewith rescinded.
Dr. Friedrich Wilhelm Rothenpieler
KWMB I 2006 P. 135
Government Gazette 2006 Nov. 26
PDF-Download (in German only)